1) Setup video camera on tripod (stationary) aimed perpendicular to the path of the boat.
2) The camera should be at a distance from the boat 5 to 10 times the boat length.
3) The camera should be set to record at 60 frames per second (FPS) if possible, 30 FPS is also acceptable. Almost all video formats are usable.
4) Aim the camera to allow the boat to cross through the viewfinder frame horizontally in the centre of the screen.
5) The camera should be zoomed in to record the stroke as in diagram shown above.
6) Bow markeron the boat is ideal to allow easy tracking.
7) The crew should be rowing at race rate and intensityas in body of race (not sprinting). Video taken of the crew in the body of a race is ideal.
8) Measure and record the length of the shell from bow to stern.
9) Record the rigging dimensions of spread, oar length, inboard and blade type.
10) Send the video along with the boat length and rigging dimensions to firstname.lastname@example.org for analysis. Video file size over 5mb will need to be uploaded to a DropBox available by emailing email@example.com.
Copyright © 2018 Purcerverance - All Rights Reserved.
Powered by GoDaddy